I'm finally here! I'm exhausted, hungry and a bit overwhelmed. Everyone has been great so far -very helpful and nice. I stayed at BATI last night and we left this morning to come to Vlora. We got here for just a few minutes with Will before his nap. It was great -he came right to me and let me hold him. He is cute and seems very friendly. I got to see him for a little bit this afternoon too, after his nap. I walked there from the hotel (a good 1/2 hour one way if you walk fast) but I didn't want to walk back by myself after dark so I didn't stay long. I got to feed him dinner, and I don't know what it was. It kind of looked like a banana soup with lumps of something that looked like cottage cheese? I don't know, but my stomach is feeling kind of iffy and the smell of it wasn't sitting too well with me -he sure seemed to like it though, which is the main thing. Tomorrow I'm planning on going in the morning so I can have more time to play with him. They said I can go for walks with him, which will be nice.
I had some coffee today and it was crazy strong -I'm not used to caffeine anymore and I've kind of felt shaky ever since. Or maybe it is just all catching up with me -I didn't really sleep last night so that is I don't even know how many hours without much sleep.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hello Lisa!
Ellie LOVED that banana stuff! They told me it was banana, milk, and cookies (biscotta). I know the walk! By the time you come home you will be at least a pant size smaller if you keep that up twice a day! Yes, the coffee IS strong! I like the chai.
I take it by the fact you posted that you found the internet cafe. Was that difficult? I will drop you an e-mail. Can you check your comcast account from there?
Nathan reminded me that you can request 'Caffe Americana' and it will be weaker!
Hey Lisa, I'm so glad to hear the first meeting went well. Can you post pictures from there? Can't wait to see the two of you together. Tad was up and picked everything up (and left Griffy behind) so all is fine. The kids were there so Griff was happy. Tad ended up staying the night, I think mom wanted him to catch some sleep. Glad to hear you got there safe and sound...if you are down a pant size when you come back we'll have words for you! Will you be checking your email as well? Everyone is fine...counting the days until you are all home. The boys are going to make a chain (like the Christmas countdown) to count the days until they get to meet Will. We'll be in the Cities on the 9th so we'll leave some cookies in the freezer for you. Lori says hi, Marty had the baby on Halloween (Jenna Louise), and Jordan is having 25 kids at her party.
Hi Lisa!
We are so glad to hear you made it and the first day went well with Will! Leslie pretty much summed up the past 2 days, not much else to report. This weekend is Jordan's birthday party, it will be weird without you and Tad there, we will miss you guys! I will send pictures to your account... have a good night and we will talk to you soon!
Renee, Rick, Linda, Butch, Haley, Nuggett, Griff and Lucy (linds and jason are visiting too!)
Hey Lis -
You are lucky it is warm there, is it 33 and cold in Superior and I just saw that on Monday it is supposed to be windy and SNOWY. Enjoy your quiet time with Will now, just think when you get back we can have a party with 25 screaming kids there!
Post a Comment