We started the day off today with an early morning call letting us know that we have a court date! Woo hoo! It is scheduled for November 12, however they want us in country for a couple weeks before that so that we have some time with Will before the first court appearance. What this means is that I will have to travel myself next week (on Halloween) and then Tad will have to follow a week later, since he is on deadline and under contract. Hopefully they will be OK with him not being there for the full amount of time before the court date, otherwise we may have to have an additional date set after he's had more time to be with Will. Tad is worried about me going by myself, and I'm worried about him going by himself, but we'll figure it out. I'm disappointed that the first time that I meet our baby, Tad won't be there with me, but I understand that it just has to be that way. I think it will be even harder for him, knowing that we are there waiting for him.
The rest of the day today was of course CRAZY. All this time we've been waiting to hear, and now here it is a week away, and I feel like I haven't taken care of all the things I need to do. Another bit of good news today is that we went to the Immigration place and they took our fingerprints - we'd been worried as they were not wanting to do that since our others weren't expired yet. It's good to know that we can cross that off our list.
Today we got our Skype account set up and Cydil helped me try it out this evening (thank you thank you!!!!! It was fun to see you "in person" after all of our emails). I haven't figured out how to work my webcam yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day - and when it comes to computers I think I'd be better off trying to build Rome than figure them out. Anyone wanting to communicate with us while we are there, please go to Skype.com and download it - it's free.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No problemo, Lisa! Happy packing! Have you got your tickets yet?
Post a Comment